January 9, 2009

Stolen

I had this post planned out where I would describe what I would miss if something got stolen. I had trouble to think of anything. Material things we could easily replace with money from our insurance. In some case, we would even get something better (somebody steal my old home computer, please!).

Things with sentimental value? I can hardly think that they would be worth anything to anyone else... Pictures that are not in electronic format? that might be hard to part with... or would it? It is not the pictures themselves, it's the memories behind the pictures that I treasure. And you can't steal that away from me.

I was feeling all happy at my sudden Zen-like attitude. Then I learned that my beloved earth grand-mother is having a hard time remembering simple things. Like the last time she visited us. Or that she even ever came to our house...

My beloved grand-mother.

And then I was not Zen. Not at all.

1 comment:

  1. You never tend to think that your memories can get stolen from you. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, and I wish you good thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete